Monday, June 3, 2013

Course Resources

  • Here are a list of ECE resources from EDUC 6005 (Parts 1-4)
  • Part 5 are the resources I listed

Part 1: Position Statements and Influential Practices




Part 2: Global Support for Children's Rights and Well-Being


 

Part 3: Selected Early Childhood Organizations


Part 4: Selected Professional Journals Available
  • YC Young Children
  • Childhood
  • Journal of Child & Family Studies
  • Child Study Journal
  • Multicultural Education
  • Early Childhood Education Journal
  • Journal of Early Childhood Research
  • International Journal of Early Childhood
  • Early Childhood Research Quarterly
  • Developmental Psychology
  • Social Studies
  • Maternal & Child Health Journal
  • International Journal of Early Years Education


Part 5: Resources I chose about ECE

Book: "The Hidden History of Head Start"
 by Edward Zigler and Sally J. Styfco

Website: http://www.earlychildhoodnews.com

Article: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/05/opinion/sunday/a-childs-wild-kingdom.html?_r=0


 

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Emily!

    Thank you so much for posting a link to Earlychildhood News! This site is an awesome resource that I had almost forgotten about. I used to use it often when I was a Kindergarten teacher and a Second Grade teacher. I'm not sure why it had slipped my mind, but now that you have reminded me I will definitely be sure to use this resource when creating my Professional Development presentations. I know that the Articles section will be a huge help with my upcoming presentation on process art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you hate when that happens! I am glad I was able to jog your memory. Hopefully you will find some valuable resources from the site.

      Delete
  2. Emily,
    Thank you for the additional resources you provided for us. Since I have worked for Head Start for 18 years I am interested in the book "The Hidden History of Head Start". I have never heard of it and would love to read it. I am going to my local library tomorrow to see if they have it. I am sure it will be very interesting to read about the history of Head Start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary- I have the kindle edition that I can let you borrow if you have kindle accessability. It jam packed with HS information and gives a great perspective about why it was created in the 60's. let me know if you have a kindle and we can go from there. :)

      Delete
  3. I love the early childhood news website. Will definitely keep on my favorites to use in future experiences in my center.

    ReplyDelete